85% Tinta del País, 9% Merlot, 6% Cabernet Sauvignon
The fermentation takes place in French oak barrels of 7,500 Kg. the grapes are received on carbonic snow and undergo a pre-fermentation maceration at 6 ° C for 6 days to extract all the aromatic potential.
After this period, the alcoholic fermentation takes place at a controlled temperature of 26ºC. The evolution of the process is controlled daily sensory and analytically, ending when the wine shows a great structure without losing the freshness of its aromas.
After finishing its elaboration we obtain a unique broth, structured, with body, full of round tannins and with a very complex aroma due to the mixture of ripe fruits with the notes coming from their contact with the wood.
It is aged for 22 months in new French oak barrels of 225 l.
The paused aging offered by French wood allows to observe step by step as the aroma and structure of Honoris are enriched with spicy tones at the same time as its mouth is rounded, allowing to decide the right time of stay in the barrel.
Finally, the bottle provides the right medium for the final evolution allowing to intertwine its aromas and finishing to round its mouth, making Honoris a round wine, velvety and with a very complex aroma.
Honoris is presented in the Cup as a very covered wine with a live red with Violet ribbons resulting from an excellent evolution in barrel and bottle.
The nose is young and complex at the same time. The notes of ripe fruit mixed with vanilla, liquor and spicy touches where the thyme stands out make the nose the main attraction of this wine.
On the palate, it is corpulent but soft, full of mature tannins. Its acidity is well balanced with alcohol, leaving a warm and cheerful feeling at the same time. It has a powerful entry, followed by an impressive evolution where Honoris presents its full potential. Finely, his post-taste is long and very intense. A wine to enjoy.
The work philosophy of Bodegas Valdubón is based on a thorough knowledge of our vineyards that allows us to design a personalized elaboration for each plot. In this way and following the commitment of quality of Bodegas Valdubón, Honoris is born as the maximum expression of the Union of our best and ancient vineyards of Tempranillo, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon, a special and careful ageing.
The original vineyards of Honoris are over 60 years old and are located in the terms of Aldehornos, Montejo and Baños de Valdearados, in the heart of Ribera del Duero.
The selected vineyards are in perfect health condition and are subject to strict performance control. The required production is less than 3,000 kg/ha, for which the necessary clearance is made to achieve a maximum of 6 bunches per strain. The harvest is carried out after a strong analytical follow-up, starting at the optimal moment of maturity of each variety. Collection is carried out in 20 kg boxes. This meticulous transfer, together with an exhaustive selection when arriving at bodega, guarantees the entry into the tank only of those clusters in perfect health and maturation condition.
Alcohol: 14,2% vol Total Acidity: 3,3 g/l pH: 3,75
* Golden Zarcillo. Premios Zarcillo 2007.
* Tempranillo de Oro. Tempranillos al Mundo 2008 * Bacchus de Oro. Awards Bacchus 2008.
* Repsol guide 2010: 98 points (qualified as 1 of the 6 best wines in Spain).
• Gold medal. International Wine and Spirit Competition, 2009, Seville, Spain.
• Silver medal. Monde Sélection 2009, Brussels, Belgium.
* Bronze medal. Decanter 2009, UK. * Bronze medal.International wine Challenge 2009, London UK.
• 96puntos, Repsol Guide 2011
• 96puntos, Repsol Guide 2012
Great Gold Medal
• International Wine Contest 2011 Silver Medal
• Concours Mondial de Bruxelles, Brussels 2012 • International Wine Challenge 2012
• Mundus Vini, Neustadt 2012
• Gold medal. Concours Moundial de Bruxelles 2013, Belgium
• Gold medal. International Wine Guide 2013 • Grand Gold Medal. CINVE. Valladolid 2013
* Bronze medal. Decanter 2013, UK • 91 points at Guía Peñín 2014, Spain
• Gold. CINVE. Valladolid 2014
• Gold. Premios Zarcillo 2015, Valladolid.
• Gold. CINVE. Valladolid 2015
• Gold. Tempranillos al Mundo 2015. Valladolid * Plata. Bacchus 2015, Madrid
• Gold. CINVE. Valladolid 2016
• Silver. Tempranillos al Mundo 2016. Orense * Plata. International Wine Challenge 2017. UK