SEA PASSION collection is the result of the winemaker’s passion and meticulous work. In these wines, the winemaker has imparted their knowledge about terroir and winery processes to elaborate excellent wines that the sea rounds out, creating wonders for the palate.
- Extraction Date: 04/23/2018
- Limited Edition: 2.923 bottles
- Production: undersea treasuring for 9 months. This wine is outside any designation of Origin by the very fact of its underwater hoarding process. The grapes come from vineyards located in the best area of northern Spain. It is a typical variety of the area that ripens early, combined with another variety of greater phenolic maturity, recently recovered from popular oblivion.
- Alcohol Content: 14,8% Vol
Crusoe Treasure is a unique 500m2 underwater cellar & artificial reef where wine is aged in bottles at 20m deep in the Atlantic ocean in Plentzia Bay (North of Spain). It is the only underwater winery in Spain that has a Health License for commercialization. The enologist of this incredible project is Antonio T. Palacios, whom is widely known as one of the greatest professionals in the world of oenology.
- NBC Washington: This underwater winery gives seafood a whole new meaning
- Euronews: The Spanish winemakers who wear wet suits to work
- El Español: Crusoe Treasure, la primera bodega submarina en España: 4.000 botellas a 20 metros de profundidad
- El País semanal: Una bodega en el fondo del Cantábrico
- La semana vitivinícola: ¿Es posible atrapar el alma del mar en una botella de vino?
- El mundo: Vino submarino, sector en alza
- TV2: Bodega submarina
Visual: Intense cherry red.
Aroma: Deep bouquet, fruity, wild berry, cassis, cloves and cumin.
Flavor: Very rounded wine, with perfectly smooth tannins and a pleasant bitter finish. Retronasal notes of pastry: baked apple pie, raspberry, vanilla and cocoa.
Ideal storage temperature: 12ºC (53.6ºF)
Recommended serving temperature: 14ºC (57.2ºF)