SEA SOUL collection is represented by wines made of pure marine soul. Young wines that the sea provides its maximum evolutionary expression, turning them into great treasures of oenology.
- Extraction Date: 23/11/2017
- Limited Edition: 2.206 bottles
- Wine Making: With 14 months aging in new French oak barrels followed by undersea aging valued by our enologist.
- Varietal: Syrah
- Appelation: Pre Pyreness foothills region, Aragón-Somontano, Old vineyards planted back in the 1990’s.
- Specific Region: Ayerbe (Huesca)
- Alcohol Content: 14% Vol
Crusoe Treasure is a unique 500m2 underwater cellar & artificial reef where wine is aged in bottles at 20m deep in the Atlantic ocean in Plentzia Bay (North of Spain). It is the only underwater winery in Spain that has a Health License for commercialization. The enologist of this incredible project is Antonio T. Palacios, whom is widely known as one of the greatest professionals in the world of oenology.
- NBC Washington: This underwater winery gives seafood a whole new meaning
- Euronews: The Spanish winemakers who wear wet suits to work
- El Español: Crusoe Treasure, la primera bodega submarina en España: 4.000 botellas a 20 metros de profundidad
- El País semanal: Una bodega en el fondo del Cantábrico
- La semana vitivinícola: ¿Es posible atrapar el alma del mar en una botella de vino?
- El mundo: Vino submarino, sector en alza
- TV2: Bodega submarina
Visual profile: Burgundy red, shiny, lively elegant colour.
Aromatic profile: Fresh, a bit of reduction characteristic from Syrah, floral, roses and fresh red fruits. Oaky with a very elegant licorice tone, dried nuts and candy all mixed in very original pungent aroma difficult to forget.
Tasting profile: Bomb of elegant taste as you move it through your mouth, full bodied however fresh, licorice and high acidity all perfectly integrated. A long aftertaste mixed with bitterness and freshness, it shows a complexity difficult to forget. It’s a pleasure for all senses…tempting.
Ideal storage temperature: 12ºC (53.6ºF)
Recommended serving temperature: 14ºC (57ºF)