SEA SOUL collection is represented by wines made of pure marine soul. Young wines that the sea provides its maximum evolutionary expression, turning them into great treasures of oenology.
- Extraction Date: 04/23/2018
- Limited Edition: 2.479 bottles
- Production: Aged for 8 months in French oak & 6 months of undersea treasuring.
- Varietal: Garnacha
- Appelation: Spanish Pago appellation from Monte Alto and La Sarda, grapes from old vines unirrigated with deep roots.
- Specific Region: Moncayo
- Alcohol Content: 14,5% Vol
Crusoe Treasure is a unique 500m2 underwater cellar & artificial reef where wine is aged in bottles at 20m deep in the Atlantic ocean in Plentzia Bay (North of Spain). It is the only underwater winery in Spain that has a Health License for commercialization. The enologist of this incredible project is Antonio T. Palacios, whom is widely known as one of the greatest professionals in the world of oenology.
- NBC Washington: This underwater winery gives seafood a whole new meaning
- Euronews: The Spanish winemakers who wear wet suits to work
- El Español: Crusoe Treasure, la primera bodega submarina en España: 4.000 botellas a 20 metros de profundidad
- El País semanal: Una bodega en el fondo del Cantábrico
- La semana vitivinícola: ¿Es posible atrapar el alma del mar en una botella de vino?
- El mundo: Vino submarino, sector en alza
- TV2: Bodega submarina
Visual: Cherry red with intense color.
Aroma: Strong bouquet. Good balance, wood fruit, aromas of cherry pulp, blackberry, strawberry jam, stewed fruits. With a finish of wood, vanilla, cinnamon, and mature grenache.
Flavor: Citrus body with good acidity and a long structured body with retro nasal finish of yogurt and wild berries.
Ideal storage temperature: 12ºC (53.6ºF)
Recommended serving temperature: 14ºC (57.2ºF)