SEA LEGEND collection has the most exclusive jewels, limited edition wines. Our enologists select only the finest wines of rare varieties and limited production that aspire to become legends.
- Extraction Date: 20/06/2018
- Limited Edition: 500 units
- Production: Aged for 24 months in French Oak barrels, and undersea treasuring for minimum 12 months.
- Varietal: Viognier
- Appelation: Hoya de Huesca region, pre-Pyrenees, close to the Caballera mountain range & the desert of Aragón (Monegros), old vineyards
- Specific Region: Ayerbe (Huesca)
- Alcohol Content: 13% Vol
Crusoe Treasure is a unique 500m2 underwater cellar & artificial reef where wine is aged in bottles at 20m deep in the Atlantic ocean in Plentzia Bay (North of Spain). It is the only underwater winery in Spain that has a Health License for commercialization. The enologist of this incredible project is Antonio T. Palacios, whom is widely known as one of the greatest professionals in the world of oenology.
- NBC Washington: This underwater winery gives seafood a whole new meaning
- Euronews: The Spanish winemakers who wear wet suits to work
- El Español: Crusoe Treasure, la primera bodega submarina en España: 4.000 botellas a 20 metros de profundidad
- El País semanal: Una bodega en el fondo del Cantábrico
- La semana vitivinícola: ¿Es posible atrapar el alma del mar en una botella de vino?
- El mundo: Vino submarino, sector en alza
- TV2: Bodega submarina
Visual: Bright gold with green hues.
Aroma: Intense and very mature in the nose with floral touches of mint and tea, typical of the viognier. Ripe melon, quince, honey, caramel, coffee, dulce de leche, custard and vanilla with aromas of nuts such as pistachio and walnut from aging in French oak barrels. Deep aromas from smoky to roasted coffee. Complex.
Flavor: Powerful and balanced, a full-bodied wine thanks to the great acidity and unctuousness that surrounds it. Pleasant bitter finish providing great texture and long in the mouth. Retronasal dairy aromas of tropical fruit yogurt, pineapple and balsamic touches, even a touch of incense.
Ideal storage temperature: 12ºC (53.6ºF)
Recommended serving temperature: 5ºC (41ºF)