SEA SOUL collection is represented by wines made of pure marine soul. Young wines that the sea provides its maximum evolutionary expression, turning them into great treasures of oenology.
- Extraction Date: 28/09/2018
- Limited Edition: 2.500 bottles
- Production: Aged on lees for 4 months & 6 months of undersea treasuring.
- Varietal: White Garnacha
- Appelation: Terra Alta, Catalonia, goblet ancient vineyards.
- Specific Region: Batea
- Alcohol Content: 14,6% Vol
Crusoe Treasure is a unique 500m2 underwater cellar & artificial reef where wine is aged in bottles at 20m deep in the Atlantic ocean in Plentzia Bay (North of Spain). It is the only underwater winery in Spain that has a Health License for commercialization. The enologist of this incredible project is Antonio T. Palacios, whom is widely known as one of the greatest professionals in the world of oenology.
- NBC Washington: This underwater winery gives seafood a whole new meaning
- Euronews: The Spanish winemakers who wear wet suits to work
- El Español: Crusoe Treasure, la primera bodega submarina en España: 4.000 botellas a 20 metros de profundidad
- El País semanal: Una bodega en el fondo del Cantábrico
- La semana vitivinícola: ¿Es posible atrapar el alma del mar en una botella de vino?
- El mundo: Vino submarino, sector en alza
- TV2: Bodega submarina
Visual phase: Straw yellow light intense with greenish reflections, clean and very bright.
Aromatic phase: Elegant on the nose. Mineral memories of pebbles, flint, volcanic rock, granite. Also underneath comes peach, pineapple, plum. Once opened in a glass, there are aromas of honey caramel, ripe melon, pear in syrup of a very nice accompanied by spicy notes.
Gustatory phase: Intense, very dense, with a lot of body, glyceric, silky with a very high acidity but well wrapped. Very refreshing with citrus and menthol character in retronasal leaving the peach and plum again. Very structured in the mouth.
Ideal storage temperature: 12ºC (53.6ºF)
Service temperature: 5ºC (41ºF)