Vina Maris Selected 2015
Monastrell, Tempranillo, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah
The first alcoholic fermentation is done in stainless steel. The second malolactic fermentation is done in barrels.
For 16 months the wine remains in new French oak barrels of medium and medium high toast. Then there is a long bottle aging process of 24 months minimum.
After vinification in the winery, the wine is bottled and submerged at a depth of 40 meters. Underwater aging lasts 12 months, then another 12 months bottles rest in the cellar.
Very vivid color of garnet notes. Aromas of ripe fruit due to malolactic fermentation and long aging in French oak barrels. The underwater aging has polished tannins and has made the wine mature and balanced maintaining its freshness.
Blue fish, red meat, duck, game meat, spoon dishes.
Recommended consumption temperature between 16 and 17ºC
The box received the national award for best design for wine packaging
Awards & Points
- James Suckling 92 points
Vina Maris Selected 2012:
- James Suckling – 93 points
- Guía Peñín 2021 – 92 Points
- GRAN CIVAS GOLD MEDAL 2021 – 98 points
Carchelo Selecto Awards
Carchelo Selecto wine is submerged under the sea and then we have underwater wine Vina Maris.
- 2017: 94 POINTS
- WINE SPECTATOR INSIDER: 93 POINTS
- WINE SPECTATOR ADVANCE: HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- GUIA PEÑIN 2017: 90 POINTS & 5 STARS QUALITY / PRICE
- PROENSA 2017 GUIDE: 92 POINTS
- LIDER PACK 2019: NATIONAL AWARD FOR THE BEST DESIGN FOR WINE PACKAGING.
Usually bought together